The following types of federal allowances can be requested by young mothers:
This support was created by the government to reduce the costs arising from welcoming the newborn to the world.
Advantage: no period service is required- it can be granted after each child- the adopting parent or legal guardian can also receive, if they request it within 6 months of the birth of the newborn.
Requirement: participation in prenatal care during the pregnancy at least 4 times, or one occasion if the baby is born prematurely.
How much? 64 125 Forint
Where can it be requested? Electronically. Via the customer portal, or at the regional principality of the Hungarian Treasury.
For further information visit http://www.allamkincstar.gov.hu/
The infant care can be granted for twentyfour weeks after the birth, as in until the baby is under the age of 168 days.
Requirements: Possessing social security (due to being employed) for at least one year within the time period of 2 years before giving birth.
- Further requirement: the mother gives birth during or 42 days after expiration of social security
- Please note that until you receive maternity grant, you musn’t work, otherwise you wont be eligible to maternity grant.
- The duration of the payment of rehabilitation is also a factor of permission of social security, hence this time period also being valid for the necessary time period of social security!
When can it be received? It can be received before giving birth, during maternity leave.
How much? 70% of the mother’s average income, or 70% of the minimal wage (160 000 in 2020) in case she receives job search allowance,.
Where can it be requested? At your workplace, or at the local government office where it originally functioned if it terminated without a successor.
- What is required for it? A form titled „Certification of determining the infant care fee”, and a certification titled „Certification of social security status proof and health insurance supply”.
- If you would like to receive this before giving birth, bring your maternity exercise book or your medical certification, which certifies the due date of the baby. In this case your child has already been born, then the copy of their birth certificate certifies that you are still entitled to this fee.
If you failed to request this after the birth of your child, do not worry! You can request the fees of the time period of six months before the date of you handing in the request.
For further information visit the website of the Hungarian treasury